Analyze one scientific, peer-reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the surrounding community and/or society as a whole.
This is to be a journal article critique written in APA format, double spaced with 12 pt font of Times New Roman. Using the article that is attached on self-actualization as the article to critique as I have to submit the full article in as well as the written paper. Objective: Write a 3-4 page college-level paper in APA format, in which you analyze one scientific, peer-reviewed article in the discipline of psychology and discuss how the results of the study may benefit the surrounding community and/or society as a whole.
• You must use APA format.
• APA format requirements include a cover page, reference page, in-text citations, etc. (*you do not need an abstract page for this paper.)
• PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. All information must be stated in your own words.
STRUCTURE OF JOURNAL ARTICLE CRITIQUE
• Introduction (10 points) (PURPOSE: to educate the reader on the topic/concept)
o will define topic and other key terms
o will include symptoms, statistics of occurrence and current information in the field
• Main body (40 points) (PURPOSE: to explain the research conducted in the article)
o will state what you found in the journal article
? HYPOTHESIS or PURPOSE:
• What were the researchers trying to discover (i.e. what was the hypothesis or purpose)?
o This is usually found at the beginning of the article. Usually the hypothesis or statement of a problem appears at the end of the review of the literature, most often in the last or next to last paragraph. The words that indicate that it is a hypothesis are, “We will examine. . .” or “Our hypothesis is . . .” In a statement of a problem, the researcher may say, “We plan to see if a relationship…,” “We proposed to observe…,” or “The problem we proposed to study…” (You must use your own words—do NOT use quotes).
• How was the research conducted (research design or type of study)?
o Is the research descriptive (case study, naturalistic observation, laboratory observations, surveys, tests), correlation, experimental, or developmental? For more information on research methods, refer to chapter 1 of your text.
• When and where the research was conducted?
• How long did the study take?
• Who were the participants? (number [N], age, sex, criteria to be a part of study)?
• What did the researchers actually find in relation to their hypothesis/purpose?
o ARTICLE MAY STATE: The researchers found that . . .
• What limitations did the researchers reveal?
• Summary/conclusion (50 points) (PURPOSE: to show critical thinking in regards to the research)
o How does the information in the article integrate with information from class discussion, the text, and/or other information in the discipline?
? TIP: It is a good idea to use the subject index in your text to look up the topic in your text.
o What is your opinion of the research findings?
? EXAMPLE: was this research well done or not and why?
o Why is this topic/research important? (relevance/benefits to community and/or society)
? EXAMPLE: A conclusion to a study that suggests a new therapy/treatment for children with ADHD might help the child struggling to perform successfully in school, which then improves her confidence, her relationship with her parents, siblings, and classmates. Write about the implications of this new treatment.
o In what ways does this topic relate to your own personal experience and how is your experience in agreement or disagreement with the outcome of this study?
o How has your opinion of this topic changed since your review of the study?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT