Comparison of collaborative care for a patient with a mental health disorder versus a patient with a medical disorder in the acute care setting.
Using APA format, write a six (6) to ten (10) page paper (excludes cover and reference page) that addresses the comparison of collaborative care for a patient with a mental health disorder versus a patient with a medical disorder in the acute care setting. The paper consists of three (3) parts and must be submitted by the close of week six. Each part must be a minimum of two (2) pages in length.
A minimum of three (3) current professional references must be provided. Current references include professional publications or valid and current websites dated within five (5) years. Additionally, a textbook that is no more than one (1) edition old may be used.
- Select one (1) mental health disorder and one (1) medical disorder covered within the modules of NUR212 as a basis for your paper. (It must be a disorder that is covered in the content of this course. Other disorders will not be graded.) Compare the two (2) disorders demonstrating similarities and differences.
- Discuss how the efforts and resources required to manage the disorders compare to one another. Is the burden a patient with a mental health disorder endures comparable to the burden experienced by a patient with a medical disorder? Explain your response.
- Identify two (2) issues that may arise for the patient and/or family when caring for the patients with the identified disorders. Provide two (2) descriptive examples.
- Identify ethical and legal implications the RN considers when caring for patients with a mental health disorder and medical disorder.
- Discuss similarities and differences in the RN’s approach to address the identified implications.
Based on the disorders chosen above, adress the following:
- Provide an example of how the interprofessional team members can provide collaborative and continuous care in the acute care setting.
- Discuss the role of the professional nurse within the team and provide three (3) examples.
- Describe how to ensure adherence to medication regimen and follow-up visits – Provide three (3) examples.
- What measures would evaluate the effectiveness of the interprofessional plan of care?
- How does the RN evaluate the interprofessional team efforts and identify modifications that might be necessary?
Any topic chosen that is not covered within the context of this course, will not be accepted.
Compose your work using a word processor (or other software as appropriate) and save it frequently to your computer. Use a 12 font size, double space your work and use APA format for citations, references, and overall format. Information on how to use the Excelsior College Library to help you research and write your paper is available through the Library Help for AD Nursing Courses page. Assistance with APA format, grammar, and avoiding plagiarism is available for free through the Excelsior College Online Writing Lab (OWL). Be sure to check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors before you submit your assignment.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin (a plagiarism prevention service) prior to submitting the paper in the course submission area for grading.Access is provided by email to the email address on record in your MyExcelsior account during week 2 of the term. Once you submit your paper to Turnitin check your inbox in Turnitin for the results. After viewing your originality report correct the areas of your paper that warrant attention. You can re-submit your paper to Turnitin after 24-hours and continue to re-submit until the results are acceptable. Acceptable ranges include a cumulative total of less than 15% for your entire paper, and no particular area greater than 2% (excluding direct quotes and/or references).
See the videos below for instructions on how to submit your paper to Turnitin and view your Originality Report.
Video – Submitting a Paper
Video – Viewing Your Originality Report
When you’re ready to submit your work for grading, go back to the top of this instruction set and click on the bolded title for the assignment to access the Submission Area of the assignment, then click Browse My Computer and find your file. Once you’ve located your file click Open and, if successful, the file name will appear under the Attached files heading. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click Submit and you’re done.
This activity will be assessed according to the NUR212 M6A3: The comparison of collaborative care for a patient with a mental health disorder versus a patient with a medical disorder in the acute care setting Paper Rubric.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT