Definition of Terms: Are conceptual and operational definitions consistent with the title, research purpose, and hypothesis? Are conceptual definitions reflective of the conceptual or theoretical frame of reference used for the study? Do operational definitions reflect the conceptual definitions?
RESEARCH CRITIQUE ON ARTICLE NEVILLE, K., & COLE, D. (2013). THE RELATIONSHIPS AMONG HEALTH PROMOTION BEHAVIORS, COMPASSION FATIGUE, BURNOUT, AND COMPASSION SATISFACTION IN NURSES PRACTICING IN A COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER.
A requirement for this paper is that you include a minimum of 5 scholarly references for use in formulating your critical appraisal (strengths and weaknesses of the study).
Guidelines for Critiquing a Quantitative Research Study
1. Significance: How is the research problem significant for nursing practice?
2. Frame of Reference: What frame of reference guides the study from definition of the problem through recommendations for future research?
3. Research purpose: Is the research purpose worded clearly and unambiguously and does it specify a minimum of one variable and the population to be sampled?
4. Literature review: does the literature review flow from a general introduction of the topic to the specific research problem? What are the relevant concepts reviewed? Does the literature review indicate the current status of knowledge?
5. Research Questions or Hypotheses: Do the research questions or hypotheses flow from the research purpose, literature review, and conceptual or theoretical frame of reference? Do the research hypotheses clearly and objectively indicate a relationship between two or more variables and specify a population?
6. Definition of Terms: Are conceptual and operational definitions consistent with the title, research purpose, and hypothesis? Are conceptual definitions reflective of the conceptual or theoretical frame of reference used for the study? Do operational definitions reflect the conceptual definitions?
7. Limitations: Are limitations identified? (This section often appears in the Discussion of Findings at the end of the study).
8. Sample and Setting: Are sample size, eligibility criteria, and sampling procedures appropriate for the study? Does the setting maximize internal and external validity?
9. Research Design: Is the research design consistent with the conceptual or theoretical frame of reference, literature review, research purpose, and hypotheses? Were control measures consistent with the type of research design?
10. Methods and Procedures: Were validity and reliability of data collection methods addressed and what specific psychometric properties were evident?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT