Describe the vulnerable population and setting What are the risk factors that make this a vulnerable population?
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM PROPOSAL
Over the duration of this course you will write a scholarly paper, “Health Promotion Program Proposal,”
addressing existing nursing knowledge related to health promotion.
In the proposal, you will also develop a health promotion program to meet a health need of a vulnerable
population in your potential concentration area or community.
The proposal must demonstrate graduate school level writing and critical analysis. The final version of
your proposal is due in Unit 8 (See Unit 8 for more information).
For this Unit 6 assignment you will submit Part One of your proposal, detailing a health problem that is
prevalent within your selected group and demonstrating your research of health promotion strategies for
addressing this specific health problem.
1. Describe the health problem.
• Using data and statistics, support your claim that the issue you selected is a
• What specifically will you address in your proposed health promotion program?
• Be sure your proposed outcome is realistic and measureable.
2. Describe the vulnerable population and setting.
• What are the risk factors that make this a vulnerable population?
• Use evidence to support the risk factors you have identified.
3. Provide a review of literature from scholarly journals of evidence-based interventions
that address the problem.
• After completing a library search related to effective interventions for your chosen
health promotion activity, write a review that evaluates the strengths and
weaknesses of all the sources you have found.
• You might consult research texts for information on how to write a review of the
literature found in your search.
4. Provide an overview of your implementation plan complete with a summary of
communication ideas and a timeline. Updated: August 2012 Page 2 of 2
5. Select and present an appropriate health promotion/disease prevention theoretical
or conceptual model that best serves as the guiding framework for the proposal
• Three to five pages in length (excluding title page, references, and appendices)
• Follow APA format
• Cite a minimum of five research reports as a beginning reference list
DUE: to Dropbox on Day 7 of Unit 6 by 11:59 ET.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignmen
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT