Explain how successful human resources management can help a company achieve a
Challenges of Human Resources Management and Equal Employment Opportunity
Legislation and Practices
• Explain how successful human resources management can help a company achieve a
• Summarize the current trends in responding to human resources challenges.
• Compare and contrast human resources competencies and responsibilities with those of line
• Make recommendations for implementing affirmative action policies.
1. Read objectives and welcome.
• Read instructor’s bio, and post your own bio.
• Due Date: Day 1 [post to the Chat Room forum] 2. Read Appendix A regarding the final project requirements.
3. Read Ch. 1 & 3 in Managing Human Resources.
4. CheckPoint: Deloitte & Touche Case Study
• Resource: Ch. 1 (pp. 44-45) in Managing Human Resources
• Due Date: Day 3 [Individual] forum
• Read Case Study 3 in Ch. 1 (pp. 44-45) in Managing Human Resources (“Managing
Diversity for Competitive Advantage at Deloitte & Touche”).
• Answer, in 200-300 words, the three questions on p. 45. Elaborate on your responses to
these questions by distinguishing between the role of human resources managers and
line managers in implementing the changes described in this case study.
5. CheckPoint: Change Management
• Due Date: Day 4 [Individual] forum
• Submit a response recommendation analysis of 200-300 words of how large firms and
small firms could utilize change management concepts to meet growing technology
demands. Provide one example for a large company and one example for a small
company of necessary changes resulting from these growing technology demands. Keep
HRM 240 Human Resource Management
Course Syllabus Page 12
in mind that some changes are proactive while others are reactive. Be sure to include
these two concepts in your recommendation analysis. Discuss some of the pitfalls to
avoid in implementing change.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT