Legal/Regulatory Issue Assignment
As the nurse executive of a healthcare organization, it was reported to you that one of your nurses may be chemically impaired and has allegedly been taking drugs from the unit. This nurse also had two recent medication errors in the past week. Discuss the steps you would take to validate this suspicion and how you would proceed after the allegation was confirmed to be true.
1. Clearly introduce your legal/regulatory issue in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
2. Clearly articulate the steps you would take as the nurse leader to investigate the allegation of your legal/regulatory issue as stated above and how to proceed when the allegation is confirmed.
3. Investigate and discuss if your state board of nursing offers some type of recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses (a strategy). If they do not, discuss a proposed recovery program you would like to have implemented for your state.
4. Clearly articulate your strategies to improve costs and improve quality of healthcare related to the legal/regulatory issue stated above.
5. Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your issue.
6. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
7. The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
8. Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
9. Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
10. Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
a. Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
b. Steps related to legal/regulatory issue
c. State-board recovery program
e. Supporting evidence
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT