PICOT question in sentence form
the PICOT question in sentence form using the following format
• Describe evidence found in the literature
4. Write the PICOT question in sentence form using the following format. The question must reflect an issue or intervention within the discipline of nursing (not medicine).
This means the question must be about something nurses have authority over, not something that is prescribed and/or carried out by physicians or another discipline. Interdisciplinary interventions are encouraged.
An example of a PICOT Question and PICOT template can be found on Appendix A or the accompanying Melynk & Fineout-Overholt (2014) 3rd edition text online;
• P = Population –who does this problem primarily effect (i.e. Nurses, patients, families, etc.)?
• I = Intervention or issue interest –what is the proposed intervention identified in the literature as best practice?
• C = Comparison intervention or comparison group –what is the current practice?
Compare the best practice intervention identified in the literature with the current practice.
• O= Outcome –how would you determine if the change/implementation has been effective?
• T = Time –how long would the new change/intervention need to be in effect before you anticipate evaluating the outcome?
5. 2-3 pages
6. Include level 1 and level 2 headings, an introductory paragraph, purpose statement and a conclusion.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’).
8. Four (4) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support the paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT