Systems Leadership Project will consist of identifying a quality improvement or evidence-based or knowledge-based issue in an area of nursing practice relevant to your role as a DNP.
Systems Leadership Project
Part A of the Systems Leadership Project will consist of identifying a quality improvement or evidence-based or knowledge-based issue in an area of nursing practice relevant to your role as a DNP. The area may be in a
• public health agency;
• non-governmental agency; and
• global health, policy arena.
You are to select a problem in an area of interest for you, for example:
• addressing hospital throughput issues as a nurse executive
• changing the clinic staffing matrix of an interdisciplinary clinic
• Lean or Six Sigma improvement strategies
• implementing purposeful rounding and bedside reporting based on best practices to improve HCAHPS scores
• reorganizing the care delivery model of various nursing units based on evidence from Magnet hospitals
• designing and implementing a culture of safety and identifying areas of nursing program growth as an administrative dean of an online nursing program
You must address the following objectives.
1. Problem identification—quality improvement or evidence-based or knowledge-based issue (1 page)
a. The problem needs to be current and relevant to the organization or clinic.
b. The problem needs to include cost, quality, and efficiency aspects.
c. The problem needs to match the mission or vision statement of the organization and organizational strategic plan for the next 5 years.
2. Significance of the problem as it relates to healthcare leadership, academics, finance and economics (2 pages)
a. What leadership elements are crucial to the success of this problem area?
b. State several significant areas that the problem relates to—leadership and finance, academics, and economics.
3. Literature review related to what is known about the significance of the problem, what is not known, and how your project plans could potential fill the gap (3 pages)
4. Your role as a DNP in addressing the problem (2 pages)
a. What are the key leadership challenges at this time that may enhance acceptance of the project or resistance? How will the organization climate support the change?
b. What leadership skills are most conducive to create a favorable proposed change process?
5. Key stakeholders identified and several key measures or indicators of healthcare outcomes that is important to stakeholders and that you will use in addressing the problem area (2 pages)
a. Identify stakeholders that will support change in the problem area.
b. Identify stakeholders that will create resistance in change.
c. Identify stakeholders that will have the greatest influence over positive or negative changes related to the problem area. Identify ways in which to work with all the various groups of stakeholders.
Use the following subheadings to organize the content of your paper.
a. Problem identification
b. Significance of problem
c. Literature review
d. Your role as a DNP
e. Key stakeholders
Times New Roman – 12 Font
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT