What type of research uses numeric measurement data?
What type of research uses numeric measurement data
What type of research uses a research hypothesis?_______________________________
3. What type of research does not use statistical data analysis?________________________
4. What type of research preempts all other types of research endeavors?________________
5. Business research is a type of ________________ inquiry.
6. What are the three main types of non-probability sampling used in business research?________
7. In a situation where in a confidence level .01 what percent of the measurement results are left to chance?_______________________________
8. What is the most important ingredient in a statistical testing procedure?___________________
9. If a production manager wanted to determine whether or not the first shift was processing more widgets than the second shift, what type of statistical process would be used?_______________
10. What type of t test seeks to determine whether or not a relationship exists in one sample over two conditions? ______________________
Questions Multiple Choices (Points 3 ea.)
11. Which of the examples below represent the Ratio level of scaling?
A) A high temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit
B) A survey result that 24 students work full time, 36, part time.
C) Bill is consistently rated most effective communicator of his group.
D) Gallup says that 60% of the voters support the incumbent.
E) Pick up three pounds of ground beef please.
F) Patty acts as expected based on her first-born family position.
G) Seattle at an altitude of 67 feet is higher than Death Valley at an altitude of – 120.
H) The door is 37 inches wide; the door frame is 36 inches wide.
B, C and F
D, E and G
C, F and H
A, E and H
12. Select those issues that only relate to selecting a specific statistical test. (Do not select items common to all tests or not applying to statistical tests.) (Points : 3)
The distribution (shape) of the population (e.g., normal, skewed, flat, etc.)
The measurement scale/nature of the data being evaluated (nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio)
The size of the population (assuming it is much larger than any samples)
The level of significance (_) you wish to place on the test results
Whether you have matched/related or unmatched/unrelated samples
The degrees of freedom (sample size) associated with your sample(s)
The statement of the null and research hypotheses
Whether the sample was stratified or not
Which of the following apply to Populations?
B) “Roman” letters, i.e.: x, s
C) A bounded, defined complete group (people, objects, etc.) having something in common to be described in its totality
D) “Greek” letters, i.e.: µ, s
E) One or more subsets of a larger defined group, used to represent the larger group
F) 170 Republicans selected randomly from King County voter records
G) All Democrats in the state of Washington (totality)
A, B, E
B, C, D
C, D, G
E, F, G
As an Argosy student, you are designing a training program to help develop team cohesiveness in a healthcare facility. You have a before and after test which measures behaviors indicating team cohesiveness. For this scenario, which of the following represents the Null hypothesis?
A) H1: There is a significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training.
B) H0: There is no significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the
C) H1: There is no significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the
D) H0: There is a significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training
H1: There is a significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training.
H0: There is no significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training.
H1: There is no significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training.
H0: There is a significant difference in the teaming behavior before and after the training.
Questions True or False (points 1 ea)
15. The sole purpose of business research is to increase profit margins?
16. When conducting business research the investigator must make his/her opinions known about possible results?
17. When one is conducting business research the most important factor is developing a reasonable researchable question?
18. Business research should always begin with an alternate hypothesis?
19. The null hypothesis states that a difference, effect or relationship exists in a research situation?
20. The confidence level expresses the degree of certainty that an interval will include the actual value of the population parameter?
Questions Calculations: Write-In Full Answers (Points 4 ea.)
21. Calculation: The mean price of 5 items is $7.00. The prices of the first four items are $6.50, $8.00, $5.50 and $6.00. How much does the fifth item cost?____________________________
22. Calculation: The range of a set of numbers is 1,362. The greatest number is 2,172. What is the least number?______________________________
23. Calculation: The mean of a set of 7 numbers is 13. What is the sum of the numbers?___________________________
24. Calculation: Find the mode of the following test scores: 89, 78, 91, 82, 75, 89, 84, 95, 89, 93?________________________________
25. Calculation: The mean of a set of data is 174.25 and the sum of the data is 1,394. How many numbers are in the set?______________________________
26. Calculation: The grade point averages of 10 students are listed below. Find the median grade point average. 3.15, 3.62, 2.54, 2.81, 3.97, 1.85, 1.93, 2.63, 2.50, 2.80?______________________________
27. Calculation: Given the following raw scores, calculate the following values: Range, Variance and Standard Deviation, show your calculations: Scores: 9, 7, 8, 4, 8, 8,7, 8, 9, 6, 3?____________________
Questions Multiple Choices (Points 3 ea.)
28. A large mass of data can best be summarized pictorially by means of:
the frequency table
mean and standard deviation
29. For a symmetric distribution, the mean and median are:
possibly the same, possibly different
30. A distribution of 6 scores has a median of 21. If the highest score increases 3 points, the median will become:
Cannot be determined without additional information
none of these
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT