Would a cost benefit analysis support the continued and increased use of nurse practitioners working in a community.
NURSE PRACTITIONERS IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Would a cost benefit analysis support the continued and increased use of nurse practitioners working in a community
hospital’s critical care unit compared to physician only patient care as evidenced by decreased
operational expenses and improved patient outcomes (e.g. mortality rates,
length of stay, readmissions rates, reimbursement rates, HCAHPS scores and
PSI 90 Quality Metrics)?
Paper Requirements: The paper must include these topics:
1. Overview of Nurse Practitioners in the American Healthcare System
2. The Role of the Nurse Practitioner in the Intensive Care Unit
3. Significance of the Problem (i.e. shortage of qualified doctors to work in the ICU, more patients who are sicker than
years ago, value based purchasing, etc.).
4. Synthesis of current literature/research (I will upload required research articles.) This section should be a large part
of the paper!
5. Pros and Cons of Nurse Practitioners working in the intensive care unit.
Advanced ICU Care (2012). Careers. Retrieved from http://www.icumedicine.com.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2012). AACN scope and standards for acute care nurse practitioner practice.
Retrieved from http://www.aacn.org/wd/practice/docs/acnp-scope-and-standards.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2010). Adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner competencies.
Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/geriatric-nursing/adultgeroprimcareNPcomp.pdf.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT