Epidemiology and Nursing research on a communicable disease
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease.
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
5. Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
1. Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
2. Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
3. Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
4. Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
5. Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to “Communicable Disease Chain” and “Chain of Infection” for assistance completing this assignment.
Chain of Infection
Use the media piece “Chain of Infection” to assist you in completing your Topic 2 assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
NOTE: PLEASE, THIS ESSAY CAN NOT HAVE MORE THAN 18% OF PLAGIARISM
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
10.0 %Comprehensive Description of a Communicable Disease and the Demographic of Interest: Overview describing the demographic of interest and clinical description of the communicable disease is presented with a thorough, accurate, and clear overview of all of the clinical descriptors.
10.0 %Determinants of Health and Explanation of How Determinants Contribute to Disease Development: Paper comprehensively discusses the determinants of health in relation to the communicable disease, explains their contribution to disease development, and provides evidence to support main points.
25.0 %Epidemiologic Triangle (Host Factors, Agent Factors, and Environmental Factors): The communicable disease is described thoroughly, accurately, and clearly within an epidemiological model. A visual description of the model and how the components of the model interact is included.
25.0 %Role of the Community Health Nurse: Discussion of the role of the community health nurse is clear, comprehensive, and inclusive of the community nurse’s responsibilities to primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention through tasks such as case finding, reporting, data collection and analysis, and follow up.
10.0 %National Agency or Organization That Works to Addresses Communicable Disease: An agency or organization is identified. A clear and accurate description of efforts to address communicable disease is offered.
5.0 %Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis is comprehensive, contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
5.0 %Paragraph Development and Transitions: There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless.
5.0 %Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use): Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
2.0 %Paper Format: All format elements are correct.
3.0 %Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment): In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
100 %Total Weightage
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT