Do you feel that nurses who initially graduate from Baccalaureate programs are better prepared to provide care to patients than those who graduate from diploma or associate degree programs?
1. My institution have ZERO tolerance for plagiarism, please site all sources properly in APA format. This paper does not need a cover page, but must have reference page.
2. Please use the textbook provided and sources attached files provided to answer the questions below.
N486 WEEK 1 Module 1 Discussion Board Questions
In nursing there are several paths that lead to obtaining a license and becoming a member of the profession. In this class, some of you are LVN/LPNs who will take the NCLEX-RN licensing examination following completion of this course. Others have already obtained a license as a registered nurse in a 2-year associate degree nursing program. Upon completion of this course and graduation from ISU, you will all have a Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
As referenced in the Tegrity class lecture for this week, it has been believed in the past that a nurse is a nurse is a nurse because, even though nurses were prepared in different programs that varied in length and content, graduates of the programs were all called nurse.
Upon completion of the required readings this week,
1. consider how you feel about the saying “a nurse, is a nurse.”
2. Do you feel that nurses who initially graduate from Baccalaureate programs are better prepared to provide care to patients than those who graduate from diploma or associate degree programs?
3. What do you think is driving the push for the Baccalaureate degree in the nursing profession?
4. Ask yourself, “Where do you go from here?” As nursing and nurses have become more autonomous and independent, is it enough to have a Baccalaureate degree?
5. Think about how the educational requirements of the nursing profession compare with other professions, such as therapists for example.
6. This week you read about the variety of educational programs within the nursing profession. What professional goals do you have, now that you will be graduating with your Baccalaureate degree?
7. Will you continue your education in order to obtain a Master’s degree?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT