Using health research and MANOVA or ANCOVA
Statistical Summary of Recent Research
Topic 1: Summary of Recent Research
1. Go to the online library and find a recent (no older than 3 years) article reporting the results of a nursing or health research study in which a multivariate analysis of variance analysis is used (try using health research and MANOVA or ANCOVA as search terms).
2. Post the reference using APA format at the top of your response and then provide a BRIEF 1 paragraph summary of the study.
3. Identify the null hypothesis and alternative hypotheses (you will need to write the null in your own words as this is not provided in most research reports).
4. State the type of ANOVA that was used (Two-way ANOVA, MANOVA, ANCOVA).
5. Address the type of data required and whether assumptions of the test were met. In order to do this, you will need to state:
• What was the Dependent Variable (DV) and at what level was it measured?
• What was the Independent Variable (IV) and at what level was it measured?
6. You will then compare this to the type of data required and whether assumptions of the test were met.
7. Respond to your peers’ by discussing the possible implications of their posted study.
Topic 2: Visual Representation of Results
Data results are frequently plotted to give a visual representation of the relationship between data.
For this question, provide an example of a relationship that you would expect to find in a health scenario [perhaps height and weight of diabetic patients].
Describe what you think the graph would look like [include whether you believe it would be linear or nonlinear] and discuss the meaning of the relationship as depicted in the graph.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT